Friday, September 18, 2009

Meeting the Mayor of Nagasaki



On August 31st I met the Mayor of Nagasaki. He was very kind. Many people from the Nagasaki Rotary Club came who were involved in the exchange program. The Nagasaki Rotary Club talked about there exchange program with the St.Paul Rotary Club. They talked mostly in Japanese so I did not understand a lot of what they said. When it came my turn to talk to the Mayor I told him about my hopes for my year in Japan. He said he hoped that I would make friends everywhere I go in Japan because that is how we begin to create peace. He also said he hoped I would learn some of the dialect from Nagasaki as well. The Mayor gave me a scarf with penguins on it and it said Nagasaki. It was so kind of him. One of the local newspapers was there during the meeting and covered the story. The next day the story and and a picture was in the newspaper.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Hannah, that is so cool! You are quite an impressive ambassador for the United States.

    ReplyDelete