Thursday, August 20, 2009

Various Things I have Done

So I have been here officially for more than a week yes! Yesterday I went to my first Rotary meeting in Japan. I had to make a speech which went very well. That night I also had my welcome party. Many people came and again I had to make a little speech. I met my second host family and my host mom of my second host family. Again I wore my kimono. On Wednesday my host father took me to ride the street car to my school. After I get off the street car it is a long walk from there to school! After we went to three malls. All were quite close together. We walked around mostly so when I start to go out by myself i can find my way around. However in one of the malls I did buy a tshirt. The clothes here are absolutely amazing! Also the other day I cooked pasta for my host parents. It had tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, and parmesean cheese in it. They liked it a lot! This weekend is my orientation and it is going to be held at a hot spa. This afternoon I am going to an art museum. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a whirlwind! That's great that your speech went well. It sounds like you'll get to do some good shopping in Japan!

    ReplyDelete