Sunday, February 28, 2010

Chinese Lantern Festival




At the Ryoma museum.



This statue was really cool it was all made of dishes!
One of the temples.


The balloons everyone let go to celebrate the New Year.
On the 14th of February was the Chinese New Year. This is the day the Chinese Lantern Festival started. I went with my host mother and host brother to look at the lanterns that weren't lit yet. It was raining out so before the lanterns were lit we went to the new museum of Sakamoto Ryoma who is a very famous figure here in Japan. It was mostly all in Japanese and so I mostly just looked at the pictures. Then we returned back to the lantern festival in time for the countdown to the New Year and the time when the lanterns were lit. To celebrate the New Year everybody let go of balloons too. I went two more times to the Lantern Festival. One time I went with my host mother to have a tour of some of the Chinese temples. The temples were really cool to see but I didn't understand much of what the tour guide was saying. Yesterday was the last day of the festival and once again I went with the host family and so I got to see the pretty lanterns lit up one last time. Here are some of the pictures I took.

1 comment:

  1. Josh would sure like all of those lanterns, especially the panda bear--he likes black and white.

    ReplyDelete