Sunday, January 3, 2010

Pictures From New Year's Day and Winter Break


A traditional New Years decoration.
The New Year decorations on my host family's door.
The pile of clothing that came inside of my fukubukoros.
My New Year's money came inside of these envelopes.
This soup includes mochi and many people eat mochi on New Year's.
I think this is sake and they drink a little bit of it on New Year's day inside of those little red bowls.
A closer look at what is inside the boxes.
The expensive boxes filled with food that people eat on New Year's day.
Christmas cake that had real gold flakes on top.
Bowling on Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the picture of you in front of the shrine. You are looking so very fashionable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah,

    It was fun to catch up on what you have been doing. You have been seeing and doing amazing things. What a great experience. Happy 2010!

    Shannon Thompson

    ReplyDelete