Friday, October 2, 2009

My Birthday

Me in my new boots at the Russian restaurant.
(In the background is my host grandmother.)
My birthday did not really feel like it was my birthday. When I got to school many of my classmates wished me a happy birthday and one of them gave me a little present which was some chocolate. At lunch my classmates sang happy birthday to me. The day ended with my host family taking me out for Russian food. It was very interesting. I had bread, borscht, buckwheat porridge, mushroom salad, Russian tea with jelly in it, and pasta with peppers and garlic. It was very delicious. Then for dessert I did not have cake and instead I had a dark cherry tart which was still really good. However I did not get to blow out any candles! My host grandmother gave me some money to buy myself a present and my host parents bought me some boots. They were both wonderful presents!

3 comments:

  1. Cute boots! You look very fashionable in this photo! Grandpa will be happy to know you ate Borscht on his birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hannah! i completely forgot to wish you a happy birthday! what a great friend i am, huh?

    and those boots look soooo cute on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday! Very cute boots! You are doing an amazing job with this blog - keeping everyone up to date on things.

    Luke started kindergarten this fall - I think he is liking it. His teacher called me the third week of school and said that he is having trouble finishing tasks/projects. I knew exactly why. I said "is he talking too much?" So, he has the same problem that Paul has, and the same one that I have! We talk too much! I thought that was funny.

    We're getting ready for Halloween. Paul is a mummy and Luke a ghost. Do they do anything for Halloween in Japan? I'm guessing not.

    I love your facebook profile picture. It looks like you are making some nice friends. Do you check facebook much?

    I'll check back sooner this time.

    Miss you!

    Jean

    ReplyDelete